POST ORIGINALLY FEATURED ON MATCHLESS.INFO
Add Romance to Your Valentine’s Day Without Going Anywhere
GLENMONT, NY (February, 2016) – Instead of making reservations at that overbooked, busy restaurant, or standing in a long line at the movie theater, why not bring the romance home this Valentine’s Day? And dinner and a movie can be a lot more fun when you don’t have to stress about parking spots and long waits in the bitter cold!
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to be creative and relax without going anywhere. To set the mood, just think fire! A candlelit dinner will make the evening memorable, but for a true romantic ambiance, light a fire and snuggle up in front of the fireplace.
Here are Some Fantastic Ways to Make Your Fireplace Romantic
- . Use soft colors and fabrics to decorate the area around the fireplace. Silk, satin and velvet are soft and romantic. And colors like pale pinks, crimsons or creams have a warm, relaxing effect. Look for hearth rugs, throws or oversize pillows in these shades and fabrics.
- . Skip the scented candles, and decorate the room with fragrant plants like gardenias and roses. Not only will they create a subtle, more natural scent, but they will also enhance the romantic atmosphere.
- . Experiment with lighting. Something as simple as a scarf draped over a lampshade, or colored light bulbs will transform the room. Also, experiment with burning candles around the fireplace, or on the mantle if the hearth is not a safe environment. To really create the perfect place to have a romantic dinner, move a dining table close to the fireplace, and skip the candles altogether.
- . Get a chilled bottle of French wine or champagne to make your Valentine’s menu even more memorable. And since chocolate is considered a Valentine’s staple, indulge in chocolate covered strawberries, or something other than the mundane chocolate candy from the drugstore. If strawberries aren’t your thing, consider chocolate mint brownies instead!
- . Snuggle up and watch a romantic movie or two. Move the TV if it’s possible, so you can both watch Sleepless in Seattle or Love Actually and still be close to the fire.
Before the end of the evening, don’t forget to give your Valentine a thoughtful gift that will let them know how you feel about him or her. Even a framed picture of the two of you can make the perfect gift, and will look great on your fireplace mantel. By using these tips for a warm, romantic evening by the fireplace, you will give your Valentine a memory that they will cherish for years to come!
For more information on hearth rugs, fire starters and other fireplace accessories, contact Sara Madden at Matchless Stove & Chimney by email at email@example.com. Matchless Stove & Chimney is a specialty hearth retailer providing design, installation and maintenance services for residents of New York’s Capital District. It has been family owned and operated for over 25 years, and services fireplaces, stoves and chimneys for over 25,000 customers.