You’ve thought about creating a blog for your business. You know that your company has a story to tell, and innovative products and services worth sharing with existing and potential customers. But it seems like so much work, and you wonder “is it worth it?!”
It is! According to research by HubSpot, companies that make their blog a priority are more likely to have a higher marketing ROI. 13 times more likely actually!
Still wondering if you should create a company blog, or invest in the one you already have. Here are the top 9 reasons a company blog matters:
1. Visitors expect a blog. According to 2018 data from the Content Marketing Institute, customers today are Internet-savvy. They have come to expect certain features on every website they visit, from “About Us” and “Contact Us” buttons to “Hours of Operation” and yes, “Company Blog.” With 70% of B2C companies and 79% of B2B companies blogging consistently, more businesses than ever are investing in meeting their customers’ online expectations.
2. Companies get more backlinks by blogging. Backlinks are incoming hyperlinks from other websites to yours. And they matter! According to Google, backlinks are one of the top three most important ranking factors. One of the most effective ways to obtain backlinks is by creating a blog with original, informational content that others will want to share by linking to it. Companies with an active blog on their website (a new blog at least once a week) have 97% more inbound links than those that do not blog. An active blog means more people are visiting your website, which means you’re attracting more new customers and connecting effectively with existing clients.
3. Website traffic depends on blog posts. Since a blog will increase visitor traffic to your website, blogging is a fantastic method for connecting with potential customers, as well as engaging existing customers. When an individual does a Google search for a topic related to your industry, product, or service and finds your company’s blog post, you expose your product or service to an audience who may otherwise have been unaware of your business. Companies that blog consistently receive 55% more website traffic than those that don’t blog.
4. Blogs position you as an industry expert and establish trust with your customers. Individuals are more likely to do business with a company that they trust, and a blog will help you establish that trust and build strong relationships with new customers. Additionally, blogging will help your company engage its existing customers by continually generating interest in your brand.
Your business blog can be used as a platform to inform, inspire, and answer questions that are common to your industry. By sharing content that matters to your customers in a professional, accessible way through a blog that is updated often, you will demonstrate your industry expertise to your readers. You are essentially creating an extension of your company’s customer service department by blogging.
5. A blog can generate leads. Increasing conversions on your company’s website can be as simple as obtaining contact information by having an outstanding blog. Do you want your customers to fill out a contact form or sign up for your brand’s e-newsletter as a lead generator? An interesting blog post that engages the reader is the ideal platform for promoting newsletter subscription or a special deal, which can, in turn, provide you with the customer’s contact information. Companies that post as few as 15 blogs monthly convert an average of 1,200 new leads per month, making blogging the most effective method of lead generation in the awareness stage of the sales funnel.
6. Blog posts can boost your social media presence. Dynamic content is one of the top 5 reasons customers give for following companies on social media. A post on social media that announces new blog content and offers a link to that blog can easily connect your social media audience to your website. By blogging about topics that are important to your social media audience, you’ll demonstrate that you are dedicated to using your professional experience and skills to meet your customers’ needs, and grow your online audience.
7. A blog helps increase sales. Most millennials do research online, reading blogs and reviews before deciding to make a purchase. According to one study, consumers are 131% more likely to buy from a company immediately after reading helpful content on their website. Even after the customer buys your company’s product or invests in its service, a blog continues to provide top-of-mind awareness. Your brand’s blog should be presented as informative and personal, while still driving sales.
The blog’s content should read more like an article with educational information than an advertisement. Case studies, company news, featured products, and helpful tips all make valuable content for blogs.
8. Well-written blogs can increase SEO. Although the amount of keywords used in your company’s website is limited by Google and other search engines who impose penalties for keyword stuffing, there is no limit to the number of keywords you utilize in your blog posts. Blogs enable your brand to create an unlimited amount of keyword-rich pages. Google especially loves a blog that is informative, engaging, and helpful to readers, and ranks websites with content that is updated frequently much higher. When a reader clicks through a search result and stays on a website for a certain amount of time, this is considered a long click and treated as such by Google.
9. A blog gives your company a platform for sharing your brand’s story. When you invest in your brand’s blog, you commit to reinforCING your brand positioning by harnessing the power of your website’s content. With a blog, you have the flexibility to tell your brand’s story and showcase your products or services! A blog will convey that your company consists of actual people who care about them beyond the sale, and are committed to sharing industry knowledge with their customers.
One of the most profitable approaches to reaching your audience and generating a significant return on investment is through a company blog that is well-stocked with unique, relevant content. The most demanding investment a blog requires is the time it takes to research and write a creative, SEO-optimized blog that supports the voice and vision of your brand.
That’s where I come in! My job is to shine a light on your brand’s story! I spend the time crafting and publishing well-written, blog posts that engage the audience you want to reach. Contact me today about putting my customized services to work for you!
AND CHECK OUT MY PROFESSIONAL CONTENT SAMPLES, AS WELL AS MY FREELANCE WORK, ARTICLES, AND BLOGS!